Handheld vacuum cleaners are a must for every household that has dogs and children. The reason is that they are very easy to get to and use if you have small frequent messes to clean up. Some of them are battery operated and need to be kept on a charger when not in use. Handheld vacuum cleaners are great to use in crevices and small places.
Places to use Handheld Vacuum Cleaners
- Stairs—when you have stairs that need vacuumed, no one enjoys trying to lug that upright vacuum up the stairs and trying to manipulate the hoses and cord just to vacuum. Handheld vacuums are lightweight and small so cleaning the stairs is a breeze.
- Car—when you want to vacuum the inside of your car you can either take it to the local car wash to vacuum it, drag the upright outside along with the extension cord to plug it in, or the portable handheld vacuum cleaner. These handheld vacuum cleaners are great at picking up the dirt and food that slip into the cracks of the car seat and under them. They are also great to use inside your trunk.
- Pet hair—no one wants to find pet hair all over their sofa and chair and be embarrassed if someone sits down on it and it gets on their clothes or strung out on your carpet. Again, the convenience of a handheld vacuum to get that annoying pet hair up. There are even some handheld vacuum cleaners that are especially designed to pick up pet hair without leaving it matted on the couch and making a worse mess. They are also easier to use to get in the corners of the sofas and chairs.
- Chairs and sofas—everyone loves to curl up on the sofa or in a chair and eat a snack while watching television, which can leave a mess of crumbs behind. In addition to the crumbs, there is also dirt, lint and other odd pieces of dust that get not only on your cushions but also under the cushions and in the cracks. Yes, most of the uprights have attachments to get these up but handheld vacuums are smaller and easier to manipulate when you are getting the crumbs and dirt from your chair and sofa.
- Small spaces—at times it is very hard to clean all those crevices, cracks, and small places with an upright vacuum because you cannot manipulate it to get into these places. If you have a handheld one they are small enough that you do not have manipulate them very much.
- Spills that are small—if you have a small child who is just learning to feed themselves, especially with dry cereal or cookies, some of it is going to land up on the floor so instead of dragging out the big upright every time, grab the handheld one.
Some interest on Robot Vacuum Area
Even if you have an upright vacuum cleaner, you should still consider buying handheld vacuum cleaners for quick and easy pickup for small jobs.